Easy chick'n fall bowl with Brussels sprouts
Give your favorite meals a tasty LikeMeat twist! Whether it’s Italian, Asian or Indian cuisine you love - we’ve got a recipe that will keep everyone happy. Try adding LikeMeat products to your own recipes for a protein-packed kick.
Preparation time: 45-55 min.
What to buy?
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, rinsed, dried, then halved
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled, diced ½“ cubes
- 3 tbsp oil, split in half for recipe
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt pepper
- ½ cup quinoa
- Water, as indicated on package
- 1 organic lemon, zested, then juiced
- ½ cup plant yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack of Like Chick’n Pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium beet, peeled, halved, sliced 1/16” thick
- 2 cups spring mix lettuces or baby arugula
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Let's do this!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss the cut Brussels sprouts in ½ the allotted oil with a pinch of salt and pepper, then spread out on one half of a foil lined cookie sheet. Next, toss the sweet potato cubes in the remaining oil with another pinch of salt and pepper, then spread them out on the other empty half of the cookie sheet. Drizzle the maple syrup over the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes and bake for 20 minutes.
- Next, in a fine mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a small sauce pot, adding water and cooking according to the package instructions.
- While waiting, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and tahini until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and place in the fridge.
- Finally, preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the oil and the Like Chick’n pieces, stirring for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve it Up:
Arrange everything together in a bowl and serve with a drizzle of yogurt and sesame seeds.
Use plastic gloves when peeling and cutting beets to prevent your hands and skin from being stained red.