Crispy Like Chick’n Dippers
Give your favorite meals a tasty LikeMeat twist! Whether it’s Italian, Asian or Indian cuisine you love - we’ve got a recipe that will keep everyone happy. Try adding LikeMeat products to your own recipes for a protein-packed kick.
Preparation time: 25-35 min.
What to buy?
For the batter
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce, hickory or mesquite
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1 package of Like Chick'n Pieces, thawed
- 2 cups tortilla chips, any flavor, crushed in a zippered bag
- 1 quart oil, for deep frying
- Sweet chili sauce
- Chipotle Mayo: Mix 4 tbsp vegan mayo and 1 tbsp chipotle adobo sauce
- Creamy Dill: Mix 2 tbsp plant-based yogurt, 2 tbsp vegan mayo, ½ tsp garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dried dill, pinch of salt
Dipping Sauce Ideas
Let's do this!
- In a medium sauce pot, on medium-high heat, bring the oil up to 350oF temperature. This can take between 10-15 minutes, so use a digital thermometer as a safe way to monitor hot frying oil.
- During this time, gently whisk together all the flour, corn starch and spices in a medium bowl with a fork. Next add the lemon juice, BBQ sauce, and milk, mixing until smooth to complete the batter.
- Next, in a zippered bag, crush the tortillas chips with your hand, a book, or a rolling pin. Once crushed, the chips should now resemble tiny flakes, as opposed to a fine powder.
- Set up your batter and breading station with the bowl of batter, a bowl with the crushed chips, and your Like Chick’n Pieces. Now, one by one, using heatproof tongs, dip each Chick’n piece in the batter, then intro the crushed chips, and then on to a plate until you're ready to fry. Once they are all battered and breaded, add small batches to the fryer, for 30 seconds or until golden brown. Carefully remove each piece and place onto a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra oil, then serve.
- Serve it Up:
Serve hot and fresh with your favorite dips! We chose a sweet chili sauce, a chipotle mayo and a tzatziki dip…. Enjoy!
You want to start frying as soon as the oil reaches 350°F, so have the chick’n already breaded and ready to go. If you are not ready to fry, once you hit 350°F turn down to medium heat so that the temperate doesn't increase, which can be dangerous if held above 400°F for a prolonged period of time. Always have access to a fire extinguisher or at the least, some baking soda, just to be safe in the event something unexpected happens.