Creamy Chick’n Pasta Balsamico with Wilted Kale
Give your favorite meals a tasty LikeMeat twist! Whether it’s Italian, Asian or Indian cuisine you love - we’ve got a recipe that will keep everyone happy. Try adding LikeMeat products to your own recipes for a protein-packed kick.
Preparation time: 30-35 min.
What to buy?
- 8 oz conchiglioni pasta (pasta shells)
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pk. Like Chick’n Pieces
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 4 cups baby kale leaves *sub spinach
- 1 cup of plant cream *cashew or soy are great options
- Parsley, chopped
- Lemon, halved
- Red pepper flakes
Let's do this!
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, season it with 1-2 tsp of salt and drop in the pasta noodles, cooking according to the package instructions. Once cooked to an al dente texture, drain, rinse under tepid water, then shake away excess water and rest in a colander.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the oil and the Like Grilled Chick’n pieces, stirring for 2-3 minutes before adding the onion. Continue cooking until the onion is soft and translucent, about another 4-5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the balsamic, honey and mustard, and cook until the liquids have almost completely evaporated, then fold in the baby kale leaves, allowing the kale wilt to less than half its original size.
- At this point, pour the plant cream into the pan, stirring until the kale is evenly mixed with the sauce. Finally, add the cooked, drained pasta to the skilled and cook until reheated, then finish with some salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley and chili flakes.
- Serve it Up:
When portioning into bowls, try a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top and an extra pinch of parsley or any of your favorite fresh herbs.
Guard your dish well, or your food will be gone faster than you can think.