CousCous Tabbouleh with Chick’n and Dill Yogurt
Give your favorite meals a tasty LikeMeat twist! Whether it’s Italian, Asian or Indian cuisine you love - we’ve got a recipe that will keep everyone happy. Try adding LikeMeat products to your own recipes for a protein-packed kick.
Preparation time: 30-40 min.
What to buy?
- 8 oz. plant yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill *sub dry
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dry Shiloh Farms, organic couscous
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, diced small
- ½ cup olives, halved
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package of Like Chick’n Pieces
- Serve with baby lettuces, spinach or arugula.
Let's do this!
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil then add a few pinches of salt. Put the dry couscous into a medium bowl, pour the boiling water on top, and cover tightly with plastic wrap for at least 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by mixing the yogurt, garlic, dill and salt together, then place in the fridge. Try using an old jar or small container to shake it up and mix everything together.
- The couscous should now be cooked. Remove the plastic wrap and use a fork to gently scrape, separate and fluff the small grains of cooked pasta. This will allow the couscous to cool quickly, after resting for another 10 minutes.
- Prep the veggies and herbs. Mix the chopped peppers, tomatoes, onion, olives, parsley and mint into the cooled couscous, then stir in the lemon juice and olive oil. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Finally, preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the oil and Like Chick’n pieces, stirring for 4-5 to five minutes. When the pieces are cooked and slightly golden brown on all sides they are done.
- Serve it Up
When the Chick’n is hot and ready in the pan, grab some plates along with the couscous salad and dressing from the fridge. To add some color and texture to your meal, start by tossing a handful of fresh lettuces across the plate. Next, top with the couscous salad and Like Chick’n pieces, then sprinkle with some pomegranate seeds for a cool contrast. Finally, drizzle a generous portion of herbed yogurt dressing across your culinary masterpiece, and start noshing!
If meal prepping, once the couscous salad is combined (without the chick’n), simply cover and chill the couscous salad in the fridge along with the jar of dressing, until ready to portion or eat.