BBQ Chick'n Sandwich with Southwest Slaw
Give your favorite meals a tasty LikeMeat twist! Whether it’s Italian, Asian or Indian cuisine you love - we’ve got a recipe that will keep everyone happy. Try adding LikeMeat products to your own recipes for a protein-packed kick.
Preparation time: 20-30 min.
What to buy?
- 2 packages of Like BBQ Chick’n
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup plant yogurt
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green scallions, sliced thinly
- ½ small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 - 14 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serve zesty bread and butter pickles
- Jalapeño slices
Let's do this!
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the oil and BBQ Chick’n pieces, stirring for 4-5 to five minutes until the pieces are cooked and slightly golden brown on all sides. Stir your favorite BBQ sauce right into the pan until it coats the Chick’n evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayo, lime juice and garlic together. Next, add the cilantro, scallions, jalapeños and coleslaw mix to the bowl, and toss evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve it Up:
To build your BBQ Chick’n sandwich, start with a liberal portion of slaw on the bottom bun, then place a few slices of jalapeños on top of that. Finally, scoop the hot BBQ Chick'n pieces from the pan, add a couple of pickles, and top it off with the bun.
Remove the seeds from your jalapeños for a milder chilli kick to your slaw.